On Monday, May 17th, Livable Communities Task Force Members Earl Blumenauer and Allyson Y. Schwartz will join Penn Design School’s Penn Praxis and the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia for a panel discussion on how we can ensure that livability is a priority for Philadelphia. The panel will be moderated by Harris M. Steinberg, FAIA of the University of Pennsylvania School of Design.
- Alan Greenberger, Acting Deputy Mayor for Planning, Economic Development, and Director of Commerce, will provide the city’s perspective.
- John Gattuso of Liberty Property Trust will offer the perspective of the private developer.
- Shawn McCaney of the William Penn Foundation will provide the philanthropic perspective.
- Tony Sorrentino of the University of Pennsylvania will provide the institutional perspective.
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
Philadelphia, PA 19103
7:00 to 7:30, reception
7:30 to 9:00, program
- Congressman Earl Blumenauer of Portland co-chairs the Livable Communities Task Force. From 1996 to 2007, he served on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, where he was a strong advocate for federal policies that address transportation alternatives, provide housing choices, support sustainable economies and improve the environment.
- sponsored by Penn Praxis, the Academy of Natural Sciences, Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz, and Rep. Earl Blumenauer