The 8th District announced recently at a Holme Circle Civic Association meeting that the District will host a National Night Out Aug. 3.
The purpose of a National Night Out is to bring neighbors together against crime and violence while they leave their doors locked and outside lights on at home. The 8th District will have several family friendly activities for NNO, but on key piece is necessary first: National Night Out posters.
Kids ages 3 to 12 are invited to submit posters to the District, to be considered for a prize. The theme for the poster is : What does a safe and secure community look like to you?” Rules:
- All posters are due by July 3o to the 8th District Community Relations Office at Academy and Red Lion roads.
- Posters should be on 8.5 x 11, 11 x 17 or 12 x 18 paper, and can be done in any medium, but are not to be computer generated.
- Kids should put their name, age, school, grade and phone number on the back of the poster.
- All posters will be displayed during National Night Out on Aug. 3.
- 8th District Officers will judge the posters and select the winners, who will be notified prior to the event.
- Two $100 savings bonds will be awarded one each to two winners — one in the 3 to 6 age group, and one in the 7 to 12 group.
You can see more details about the 8th District’s National Night Out here on our calendar.