Until now, the neighborhood publication has been online-only, like NEast Philly. But last week, the Gazette hit the streets of Frankford in print form.
As part of the PhillyRising effort in Frankford to bring the police, city departments and neighborhood organizations together, the Gazette is printing to keep neighbors without computer access informed.
The first edition is a collaborative effort by the City Managing Director’s office, the Frankford SSD, Frankford CDC and Human Relations Commission.
You can find copies at the following locations until they all get snapped up:
- Quickie Mart Express – 4346 Frankford Ave.
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Frankford Branch – 4634 Frankford Ave.
- Sugar & Spice – 4801 Frankford Ave.
- 7-11, 5028 Frankford Ave.
- Holiday Thriftway – 5147 Frankford Ave.
The Gazette is looking to make the paper self-sustaining with advertisements and editorial contributions.