Fire destroys Northwood home

The occupants of a home on the 900-block of Dyre Street are safe today after escaping a fire early Tuesday morning.

A fire broke out in the Northwood home around 2:30 a.m. yesterday, which the owner said may have been caused by a faulty heater. In addition to battling the blaze, firefighters also had to deal with icy streets when water from the fire hose began to freeze.

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

Help us get to 100% of our membership goal to support the reporters covering our region, the producers bringing you great local programs and the educators who teach all our children.