UPDATE: Moxie has been adopted!
Top 10 reasons to adopt Moxie:
- She walks well on a leash and frequently checks in with her human to make sure she’s doing well and that you’re still there.
- She is very food motivated so training will be a breeze.
- In less than a week she has already picked up “sit” and “down” and is learning more each day.
- She loves tennis balls and has just learned to play fetch!
- She is cuddly and affectionate.
- She enjoys rolling in the grass and relaxing in the sun.
- She is friendly and playful with other dogs and will correct them if they’re being too rough.
- She’s 2 to 3 years old and has a medium energy level so with a good walk everyday she would be set!
- When she is adopted she’ll be spayed, microchipped and up to date on shots.
- Most importantly she shouldn’t have to spend another night stuck in a kennel in an overcrowded shelter.
Let me tell you a little more about this sweet girl… Moxie has an adorable perfectly round spot on her lovely brindle/white coat. She’d love to be in a home where she can chew on toys instead of being stuck in a boring kennel. To unwind, Moxie loves to roll around in the grass. Moxie sits like a lady every time you ask, and she just LOVES being around other dogs. Moxie was found as a stray and now lives each day in a kennel all alone. She would love more than anything the chance to move into a forever home and just be a dog!
These animals are located at Philadelphia’s animal control shelter, ACCT. They need immediate adoption or foster care. ACCT is located at 111 W Hunting Park Ave and is open 365 days a year. Adoption hours are Monday-Friday; 1pm-8pm; Saturday and Sunday; 10am-5pm. To check the status of an animal, call 267-385-3800. Please visit the PSPCA website for more information. Don’t forget to check out the weekly Animal Care & Control event at the Petsmart in Haldeman Plaza, where you can learn more about adoption and foster care, and meet some animals who need a good home. Check in every week with NEast Philly to see the cat and dog of the week.