Castor Gardens is taking steps to prevent an issue many Northeast neighborhoods deal with – truck parking.
The large trucks parked on residential streets that block views and act as an eyesore are a perennial problem brought up at civic association meetings, including the Take Back Your Neighborhood meetings in Castor Gardens.
But group leader Jared Solomon announced via email this week another step toward a solution.
Thanks to TBYN’s hard work and help from the office of Councilman Bobby Henon, D-6th, “no truck parking” sings are now located throughout the neighborhood:
- both sides of Hellerman Street from Horrocks Street to Bustleton Avenue
- both sides of Magee Avenue from Horrocks Street to Bustleton Avenue
- west side of Bustleton Avenue from Magee Avenue to Hellerman Street
- east side of Horrocks Street from Levick Street to Hellerman Street
- east side of Horrocks Street from Hellerman Street to Magee Avenue
The signs were posted earlier this month.