A five-story apartment building was temporarily evacuated Friday afternoon as firefighters responded to a blaze which apparently started in a laundry room.
Smoke reportedly filled the fourth and fifth floors of the Fisher’s Crossing building, located in the 4900 block of Stenton Ave., when firefighters arrived around 2:30 p.m. The blaze was contained by 3:15 p.m. and residents were permitted to return inside shortly thereafter. No injuries were reported.
The fire came during a week which saw two elderly Germantown residents hospitalized after a Monday morning fire on Magnolia Street and two residents of a home on North Beechwood Street near the East Germatown/West Oak Lane line were killed by a fire reportedly sparked by a space heater.