Architecture Workshops for Kids!
Selected Saturday afternoons, September 2009 through January 2010
The Center for Architecture’s Architecture in Education workshop series provides young people a hands-on introduction to the creative profession of architecture! Each workshop introduces kids to a different aspect of the architectural process, including structure, color choice, the influence of light, form, decoration, and more.
Workshops are offered one Saturday per month from September through January and are taught by practicing architects and professors. Intended for young people in grades 2-5. Materials provided.
- September 26, 2009 – Shape, Form & Space
- October 24, 2009 – Structures: How Do Buildings Stand Up?
- November 14, 2009 – Basic Elements of Architecture
- December 5, 2009 – Light & Color in Architecture
- January 23, 2010 – Design in Context
Full series: $80 members, $100 general public
Individual workshop: $20 member, $25 general public
To register, click here.