A note from the University City District:
Work is about to get underway on the installation of new pedestrian lights on Baltimore Avenue. The goal is to improve public safety and increase business activity along the corridor through better lighting.
WHEN: Work will begin on January 5th, 2009 and is expected to last up to 4 months.
WHERE: Baltimore Avenue between 45th and 50th Streets
Construction activities will begin on the 4500 block of Baltimore on January 5th, 2009 and move west along the corridor to 50th Street.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
* Construction will occur block-by-block, starting on the 4500 block.
* Work will take place on both sides of the street.
* On-street parking may be temporarily restricted during periods of the construction
* Some sections of the sidewalk may be disrupted during construction
* The majority of digging/disruption will be in the street right-of-way, next
to the curb line.
* Complete reconstruction of the sidewalk will not be necessary.
* The contractor’s regular hours of operation will be Monday through Thursday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
CONTACT: If you have questions or concerns about the lighting project, please contact Lee Senior, Director of Neighborhood Initiatives, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 215-243-0555.