The very person who slipped a small park onto an unsuspecting block of Chestnut Street was honored today with a name change — for the park that is.
The former Chestnut Park at 1707 Chestnut St. is now John F. Collins Park. As of 11 a.m., the landscape architect who turned the former parking lot into a green space shares his name with the park.
The Center City District did the honors this morning. Collins, who died in 2011, is also responsible for Three Bears Park in Society Hill and Schuylkill River Park on the western edge of Center City.