Philadelphia Housing Authority is cutting a ceremonial ribbon in front of a unit to mark the completion of the 340 scattered sites around the city. PHA has successfully renovated houses that span across seven council districts. This project created hundreds of direct and indirect jobs since its inception. PHA began construction on the first of the scattered site units in May 2009. PHA was awarded $31,450,000 from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for this project. Without this funding, these houses would not have been renovated so quickly. In all, PHA received a total of $127 million in stimulus funding. Two residents moving into these two units will be available for interviews following the ribbon cutting.
- · Philadelphia Housing Authority Chairman of the Board, John F. Street
- · Philadelphia Housing Authority Interim Executive Director Michael P. Kelly
- · State Sen. Shirley M. Kitchen (D-Philadelphia)
- · State Representative Jewell Williams
- · Philadelphia Housing Authority Commissioner and Councilwoman Jannie Blackwell
- · Councilman Darrell L. Clarke
- · Cindy Bass, Senior Policy Advisor to Congressman Chaka Fattah
- · Philadelphia Housing Authority Commissioner Nellie Reynolds
Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
1720 W Diamond St., Philadelphia, PA 19121