Mayfair kitchen fire extinguished quickly

A home on the 3000-block of St. Vincent Street (at Battersby) caught fire Saturday afternoon. The fire, which started in the exhaust duct above the stove, was quickly extinguished by firefighters, with no damage to the adjacent property.

See more photos below.

A firefighter tosses debris out of the second story back window of the room, just above the kitchen where the fire started.
(A firefighter tosses debris out of the second story back window of the room, just above the kitchen where the fire started. )

Debris from the fire
(Debris from the fire)

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.