A fire that ripped through a New Castle County apartment complex early this morning has left nearly 50 residents without any place to live.
The fire sparked inside of the Newport Terrace Apartments on the 100 block of Eathan Lane in Newport just before daybreak.
WPVI-TV reports firefighters managed to get the fire under control in less than half an hour. Despite their efforts, the quick moving fire left dozens of residents homeless, according to WPVI-TV.
One person was taken to nearby Christiana Hospital for smoke inhalation.
WPVI-TV says it’s unclear when the displaced residents will be able to return home.