Firefighters rescued a man from a house fire in Wildwood on Tuesday, authorities said.
The blaze broke out on East Montgomery Avenue around 4:30 p.m. Arriving firefighters discovered a man on the house’s second floor balcony, according to a release from the Wildwood Fire Department.
That’s when firefighters used a ground ladder to reach the second floor, removed a railing using a chainsaw, and rescued the man, who was not identified.
The man was treated at the scene by emergency medical personnel for smoke inhalation but declined further transport to an area hospital.
The fire was placed under control about 20 minutes after arrival. An investigation determined that the accidental fire sparked from smoking.