Firefighters in central Pennsylvania battled a massive five-alarm barn fire, where 3,000 tons of hay were ignited.
The Associated Press reports the fire started just after midnight Friday in East Hanover Township. Grantville Volunteer Fire Company Chief Saul Schmolitz tells the AP that flames ignited in two barns, each about 60-by-320 feet.
According to the report, wet hay can build up enough heat to spontaneously combust when stacked in large quantities.
Flames were contained to the two barns and no one was injured, however, the AP says because the fire is the size of a football field, it could be days before it burns itself out.
The AP says the damage of the fire is expected to reach $500,000.