Authorities in Philadelphia say a space heater may have caused a house fire that killed two elderly people.
Firefighters arrived at the blaze in the city’s Kingsessing neighborhood around 10 p.m. Friday.
The victims’ bodies were found on the second floor of the two-story rowhouse.
Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says firefighters found several electrical heaters inside. Investigators say the home didn’t have working smoke detectors.
The Red Cross says it assisted two families from neighboring houses that were damaged.