Over a dozen were injured when a natural gas explosion obliterated a house in Stafford Tuesday morning, authorities say.
Stafford Township police had advised residents this morning that there was a gas main break at the intersection of Route 9 and Oak Avenue in the Cedar Run neighborhood.
Seven New Jersey Natural Gas utility workers were injured as they were attempting to locate the gas leak source, police said. Two were rushed to the Trauma Unit at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and are in critical condition.
Six firefighters and two emergency medical service technicians, who were at the scene due to the gas leak before the blast, were taken to the hospital for concussion-like symptoms.
Authorities did not identify any of the injured.