Headed to the Kenny Chesney concert in Wildwood tonight? Keep these things in mind.
1. The concert is free but you won’t get in without a ticket. Yes, it’s a free concert. But you need a ticket to get into the actual concert area. Wildwood officials are stressing that if you don’t have a ticket, don’t show up. Now, I know Kenny Chesney fans, and I know that a lot of you are going to show up anyway. So: yes, there are tickets for sale on Craigslist, and I’m sure people will be at the venue scalping tickets. I’ve also seen people offering up tickets on Twitter. As with any tickets you don’t buy directly from the venue, proceed with caution.
2. Dress for the sand. The concert venue is on the sand, and you’ll need to walk across the beach to get there. So ladies, no heels. And everyone: wear stuff that can get dirty.
3. Be prepared to walk, and bring quarters. The Wildwood Convention Center has a parking lot, but it’s small, and it will fill up quickly. So be prepared to park far from the venue and walk. Your best bet is to park at the start of the boardwalk, which is at 16th Avenue in North Wildwood, and walk. It’s about a mile. Also, you can park at metered spots, so bring those quarters.
4. Be flexible. If you plan to listen to the concert from the boardwalk, or from the sand near the actual stage, be ready to move. Police will be doing crowd control, so you’ll want to be able to pick another spot quickly if need be. Give the cops a break, too. This isn’t going to be a picnic for them.
5. Don’t BYO. You can’t drink alcohol on the beach. I’ve seen people escorted off on a normal summer day for doing so, and the police will be watching for this tonight. So if you want to drink, stop into one of Wildwood’s many bars and restaurants. They’re ready for you. And my mom warning: don’t be stupid. Don’t drink and drive.
6. Hydrate. WITH WATER. Another mom warning. You know how hot it is today. If you’re drinking booze, make sure you’re drinking water too.
7. Watch online. Can’t go? The concert will be streaming online for free here.
Have a tip to add to the list? Tell us in the comments below. You can find answers to more questions in the concert FAQ.