Technically Philly, the news site that covers the community of people who use technology in the Philadelphia region, has announced Switch Philly, a new business presentation event where five local companies will each offer entertaining seven-minute demos of their new products. “Switch is an opportunity to continue changing what people know about Philadelphia,” said Sean Blanda, Technically Philly co-founder and Switch Philly lead organizer. “We have vibrant creative, technology, startup and investment communities that are highlighted everyday on Technically Philly. We want to grow that perspective.”
At Switch, five Philly companies will demo their latest and greatest product or innovation for seven minutes each. The presenting companies at the inaugural Switch will be the following: Tickets are $9. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit switchphilly.com
- Azavea, the GIS-software firm based in the Callowhill neighborhood, will present sustainably-minded mapping and direction application CommonSpace.
- P’unk Ave, the Passyunk Square-based web development company, will share innovative content management system Apostrophe.
- Orpheus Media Research, the Old City tonal research project, will share music comparison software Myna.
- Zecvozi, the stealth Northern Liberties sustainability tracking company, will launch at the event.
- Packlate , the West Conshohocken discount vacation planning startup, will share its new new deal-finding search engine.
Switch will become a regular event, with another installment happening in 2011. Some of the biggest names in the region’s investment and business communities have already joined Switch as sponsors, including First Round Capital, Genacast Ventures, the University City Science Center, the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, MCD Law Partners and the VC Deal Lawyer.
The beautiful Levitt Auditorium venue is being used in partnership with the University of the Arts. Additional support is being offered by the Philly Startup Leaders, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, PACT and Independents Hall, the Alliance of Women Entrepreneurs and Young Involved Philadelphia. Those interested in partnering with Switch now or in the future can contact Sean Blanda at email@example.com.