Donate

Somerton house fire injures one

One person was injured yesterday morning when a fire broke out in a home in Somerton. A house on the 600-block of Parlin Street caught fire around 7 a.m.

Firefighters rescued a 92-year-old woman from the home, and she was rushed to Aria Health-Torresdale where she was in stable condition after being treated for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but the blaze was under control within 15 minutes.

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

Help us get to 100% of our membership goal to support the reporters covering our region, the producers bringing you great local programs and the educators who teach all our children.