Actually, you’re welcome to say your piece to City Council every Thursday now, as long as you can finish in three minutes.
Responding to an order from the State Supreme Court, Philadelphia Council President Anna Verna has issued rules to allow public comment at every Council session. Here they are:
1. Any Philadelphia resident or taxpayer can speak. No proof of eligibility is required.
2. There will be one public comment period, before Council votes on bills and resolutions.
3. You get three minutes, but Verna may “limit repetitious comments in order to enable Council to conduct its meeting.”
4. You can comment on any bills or resolutions on Council’s agenda for the day.
5. The order of public speakers is first signed-up, first served. To get on the list, call the Council Clerk’s office at 215-686-3410 or 3411.