Upper Darby Fire causes extensive damage Christmas night, kills two cats

    A fire in Upper Darby caused extensive damage to a home and took the lives of two cats on Christmas night.

    The Daily Times reports the fire sparked just before 7 p.m. in a home on the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue.

    Firefighters say the family wasn’t home, however, their two cats were inside when the fire sparked.

    The Daily Local News says the two cats died from smoke inhalation.

    Township Fire Chief Ed Cubler tells the Daily Local News the family will have to find temporary housing.

    Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

    It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.