Upper Darby Fire causes extensive damage Christmas night, kills two cats

    A fire in Upper Darby caused extensive damage to a home and took the lives of two cats on Christmas night.

    The Daily Times reports the fire sparked just before 7 p.m. in a home on the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue.

    Firefighters say the family wasn’t home, however, their two cats were inside when the fire sparked.

    The Daily Local News says the two cats died from smoke inhalation.

    • WHYY thanks our sponsors — become a WHYY sponsor

    Township Fire Chief Ed Cubler tells the Daily Local News the family will have to find temporary housing.

    WHYY is your source for fact-based, in-depth journalism and information. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on financial support from readers like you. Please give today.

    Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

    Together we can reach 100% of WHYY’s fiscal year goal