Donate

    Shocking

    A Wilmington woman was hospitalized last night after being shocked by an exposed wire beneath an electrical grate. The woman and her teenage son were on Centerville Road beneath the 141 overpass when she walked over a metal grate and fell the the ground, the News Journal reports.

    Christiana Hospital determined the woman, who did not suffer burns, likely has nonlife-threatening injuries.

    Feed the Feed: Do you walk on metal grates in the sidewalk?

    Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

    Help us get to 100% of our membership goal to support the reporters covering our region, the producers bringing you great local programs and the educators who teach all our children.