A list of the top 10 most notable people of East Falls is nothing to laugh at. Compiled by Ellen Sheehan of the East Falls Historical Society, the list includes politicians, businessmen, entertainers and educators alike.
10. Lawrence M.C. Smith – founder of Philadelphia’s first classical music station; gave land for Schuylkill Valley Nature Center
9. Dr. William Smith – first provost of the University of Pennsylvania; gave eulogy for Ben Franklin
8. John B. Kelly – won three Olympic gold medals
7. Grace Kelly – actress/princess
6. Stephen Spinelli Jr.- president of Philadelphia University and co-founder of Jiffy Lube
Feed the Feed: Who do you count as the most notable people in Philadelphia?