Ceiling wiring sparked Lorenzo’s blaze

    Our partners at NBC10 report Wednesday’s fire at Lorenzo & Son’s Pizza on South Street started in the ceiling.

    Wiring above the oven caused wood in the ceiling to catch fire, which spread quickly and sent owner Giuseppe Pulizzi and some of his employees running from the store.

    The building near Third Street still stands, and Pulizzi has vowed a comeback. But for now, Lorenzo’s remains boarded up and closed.

    Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

    It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.