WHYY has been changing the education game for years. Now we’re putting the Greater Philadelphia region’s MVPs on the starting line-up in our community.
What is a Game Changer?
An event, idea, process — or individual — that effects a major shift in the current way of doing or thinking about something. At WHYY, we work to change the game for the community every day. Real change takes hands-on outreach, so, we’ve recruited WHYY Ambassadors — our area’s top professional athletes, coaches and individuals to partner with us.
Rodney McLeod and Erika McLeod
Sign On as
WHYY Lead Game Changers Ambassadors!
Founders: Rodney & Erika McLeod
“Making plays throughout the community gives my wife Erika and I a tremendous sense of joy and gratitude. Impacting the lives of others is one of the highest honors we can all achieve.”
– Rodney McLeod
WHYY Ambassadors Will Bring It On to Help Us:
- Provide educational resources for disenfranchised communities, contributing to a culture of learning, increasing STEM and literacy skills and creating a strong foundation for future success.
- Spark student engagement in schools through hands-on, project-based learning.
- Foster self-esteem and self-efficacy in students by developing 21st century skills like project management and teamwork, along with amplifying student voices
Our Game-Changing Initiatives. And We’ve Only Just Begun.
- Safe and trusted kids’ programs; WHYY PBS Kids shows and games teach young learners the academic and social emotional skills they need to succeed in school and life.
- Media Arts Education: WHYY teaches K-12 students to tell their own stories through media production, both in our studio and in neighborhood schools.
- Pathways to Career: WHYY prepares young people for the workplace and helps them find their first jobs in their first jobs in media.
- Mentorship: WHYY Media Instructors provide more than just help with media projects, they make connections with students that last a lifetime.
Changing the Game Every Step of the Way
WHYY has been committed to connecting with our youth from an early age through adulthood. We’re dedicated to life-long learning, with PBS Kids’ TV shows, teen afterschool programs as well as civic engagement and guest speakers’ series for adults of all ages.
We continue these programs because they work! Graduates of our education programs have become high school media instructors, staff photographers, WHYY Media Lab instructors, and more.
Want to get in the game or have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
To help expand WHYY’s educational offerings, please consider donating below.