WHYY Events Calendar
- WHYY Event Series: WHYY Celebrates The Democratic National Convention The spotlight will be on Philadelphia as we welcome leaders from all over the United States for the Democratic National Convention (DNC). Along with the convention attendees, your favorite programs, hosts and reporters are also coming to town to cover the action.
- WHYY Member Exclusive: Discounted Sesame Place Tickets WHYY is offering an exclusive ticket discount to our members. Check out the whirling rides, splashy water slides, toe-tapping shows starring everyone's favorite furry friends and the new Neighborhood Birthday Party Parade. Tickets expire in January of 2017.
- May 4: Dinner and Discussion with Ed Slott at Presidential Caterers Enjoy a private one-on-one meet and greet, dinner and discussion with Ed Slott during his visit to the Philadelphia area. Discuss your own personal retirement questions with Slott and learn the latest tips for living a successful life and making most of your nest egg.
- May 4: The Armor of Light at the Pyramid Club in Philadelphia This winter and spring WHYY brings a series of documentary films from the PBS series Independent Lens into the community for free screenings and discussion, in May join us at the Pyramid for a screening of Abagail Disney's Armor of Light.
- May 4: An Evening with Janette Sadik-Khan Join PlanPhilly for a special evening with Janette Sadik-Khan, former NYC DOT Commissioner and author of the new book Streetfight: Handbook for an Urban Revolution.
- May 6 - 8: Jane's Walk Philadelphia PlanPhilly and the Center for Architecture + Design celebrate the legacy of urbanist Jane Jacobs through a series of citizen-led walks in the spirit of community-based planning.
- May 8: Crafting & Cooking at Valley Forge Flowers: Food in Jars with Marisa McClellan After years of addressing questions on her blog Food in Jars about how to reduce, substitute or eliminate sugar, accomplished canner and author Marisa McClellan will talk with Jennifer about her new book Naturally Sweet Food in Jars.
- May 10: Urban Ideas Worth Stealing Join us to explore ideas about how Pennsylvania cities can improve with keynote speaker Governor Tom Wolf and kickoff speaker Auditor General Eugene DePasquale. Panel discussions cover topics including consolidating services, putting open records to use, resilient cities and multi-modal transportation and complete streets.
- May 22: Wine Tasting with Mike McGrath at Hopewell Valley Vineyards Join You Bet Your Garden host Mike McGrath for a relaxing afternoon at the Hopewell Winery in beautiful Mercer County, New Jersey. Enjoy a live jazz concert while sampling brick oven-fired pizza created at the winery and enjoying a variety of award-winning wine.
- May 26: Live conversation and performance: Jason Vieaux NPR Music calls Jason Vieaux "the most precise and soulful classical guitarist of his generation." Enjoy cocktails and light bites while watching Jason perform live in Philadelphia, followed by an interview with Jim Cotter, host of WHYY's Articulate. The evening will also be recorded for broadcast during the next season of Articulate.
- June 5: Philadelphia Mural Arts Trolley Tour with Elisabeth Perez-Luna Join WHYY's Executive Audio Producer Elisabeth Perez-Luna for a Mural Arts Program trolley tour of some of her favorite Murals in the Spring Garden, Fairmount and North Philadelphia neighborhoods.
- June 12: The Struggle for Freedom: A Tour Inspired Many Rivers to Cross WHYY invites you to learn about the stories of African-Americans living in Philadelphia during the 18th and 19th century in a guided trolley tour of Mount Pleasant, The President's House and ending t a nationally recognized historic spot on the underground railroad.
- June 16: The Pursuit: 50 Years In The Fight for LGBT Rights WHYY, Equality Forum and Independence Visitor Center Corporation invite you to the national premiere of The Pursuit. The documentary is a reflection on the fight for LGBT rights, more than 50 years since protesters gathered in front of Independence Hall and called for an end to discrimination against homosexuals.
- June 19: Thomas the Train: The Ready, Set, Go Tour All aboard! Grab the kids and join Thomas the Train and his pal Percy, along with Sir Topham Hatt for a special ride on the Strasburg Railroad, America's oldest short-line railroad. After the ride, stop by the Imagination Station for temporary tattoos, wooden train play tables, arts and crafts and more.
- June 26: Behind the Scenes of Philadelphia Theatre with Peter Crimmins WHYY Arts and Culture Reporter Peter Crimmins will take you on a behind-the-scenes tour of the Walnut Street Theater's prop shop in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. Stay for a panel discussion and live performance at the Philadelphia Fringe Festival's La Peg.
- July 17: KidChella Join WHYY and enjoy Smith Playground’s annual kids music festival in the Playground. Enjoy a live concert with Shine and the Moonbeams and Moona Luna. Be sure to show us your WHYY Member Card at the WHYY table for prizes and giveaways.
About WHYY Events
Each year, WHYY hosts over 80 events connecting you to the best that public media and the region have to offer, including meet-and-greet opportunities with your favorite public media personalities like Ira Glass, Terry Gross, Jim Lehrer and yes, Cookie Monster; film screenings; political and policy forums; concerts; PBS Kids character parties; and much, much more.
WHYY members have access to special Member-only events and opportunities, and receive free or discounted admission to all other WHYY events. Also, with the WHYY Member Card, WHYY members receive 2-for-1 admission and other great discounts at a wide variety of the region's museums; cultural, educational and family-friendly organizations; performing arts and theater venues; and more! Visit WHYY's Member Card Partner Page for the full list.
Not a member? Join today and start taking advantage of these great benefits!
Stay up to date with news that matters most to you! Sign up for free to receive any of our newsletters!