WHYY Events Calendar
- WHYY Event Series: WHYY Celebrates The Democratic National Convention The spotlight will be on Philadelphia as we welcome leaders from all over the United States for the Democratic National Convention (DNC). Along with the convention attendees, your favorite programs, hosts and reporters are also coming to town to cover the action.
- WHYY Member Exclusive: Discounted Sesame Place Tickets WHYY is offering an exclusive ticket discount to our members. Check out the whirling rides, splashy water slides, toe-tapping shows starring everyone's favorite furry friends and the new Neighborhood Birthday Party Parade. Tickets expire in January of 2017.
- June 5: Philadelphia Mural Arts Trolley Tour with Elisabeth Perez-Luna Join WHYY's Executive Audio Producer Elisabeth Perez-Luna for a Mural Arts Program trolley tour of some of her favorite Murals in the Spring Garden, Fairmount and North Philadelphia neighborhoods.
- June 4: Indie Lens Pop-Up Screenings This winter and spring WHYY brings a series of documentary films from the PBS series Independent Lens into the community for free screenings and discussion, in June join us at the Pyramid for a screening of T-Rex: Her Fight for Gold Saturday, June 4 at the Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville.
- June 12: The Struggle for Freedom: A Tour Inspired Many Rivers to Cross WHYY invites you to learn about the stories of African-Americans living in Philadelphia during the 18th and 19th century in a guided trolley tour of Mount Pleasant, The President's House and ending t a nationally recognized historic spot on the underground railroad.
- June 16: The Pursuit: 50 Years In The Fight for LGBT Rights WHYY, Equality Forum and Independence Visitor Center Corporation invite you to the national premiere of The Pursuit. The documentary is a reflection on the fight for LGBT rights, more than 50 years since protesters gathered in front of Independence Hall and called for an end to discrimination against homosexuals.
- June 18: Radio Times on the Road Come see Radio Times in person as Marty and her team record her show at the Jersey Shore. Three years after Hurricane Sandy battered the East Coast, Marty Moss-Coane explores the Jersey Shore and its ability to react to environmental threats. The program will be recorded live for future broadcast on Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane.
- June 19: Thomas the Tank Engine: The Ready, Set, Go Tour All aboard! Grab the kids and join Thomas the Tank Engine and his pal Percy, along with Sir Topham Hatt for a special ride on the Strasburg Railroad, America's oldest short-line railroad. After the ride, stop by the Imagination Station for temporary tattoos, wooden train play tables, arts and crafts and more.
- June 26: Behind the Scenes of Philadelphia Theatre with Peter Crimmins WHYY Arts and Culture Reporter Peter Crimmins will take you on a behind-the-scenes tour of the Walnut Street Theater's prop shop in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. Stay for a panel discussion and live performance at the Philadelphia Fringe Festival's La Peg.
- July 12: Dishing DNC: A Tasting Curated by Night Market Rub shoulders with local political leaders and get an insider's perspective on the Philly foods that our politicians are excited to share with their peers when the Democratic National Convention comes to town.
- July 14: Senator Barbara Boxer in Conversation U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer has made her mark on United States history, combining compassionate advocacy with scrappiness in a political career spanning more than three decades. She'll share her reflections on a life of public service and predictions for the future of the Democratic Party with our own Katie Colaneri.
- July 15: KidChella Join WHYY and enjoy Smith Playground's annual kids music festival in the Playground. Enjoy a live concert with Shine and the Moonbeams and Moona Luna. Be sure to show us your WHYY Member Card at the WHYY table for prizes and giveaways.
- July 24: Save the Date: NPR Happy Hour Mingle with your favorite NPR politicos and enjoy a variety of brews while listening to their insights. You'll get a behind the scenes look of what it is like to cover the Democratic National Convention.
About WHYY Events
Each year, WHYY hosts over 80 events connecting you to the best that public media and the region have to offer, including meet-and-greet opportunities with your favorite public media personalities like Ira Glass, Terry Gross, Jim Lehrer and yes, Cookie Monster; film screenings; political and policy forums; concerts; PBS Kids character parties; and much, much more.
WHYY members have access to special Member-only events and opportunities, and receive free or discounted admission to all other WHYY events. Also, with the WHYY Member Card, WHYY members receive 2-for-1 admission and other great discounts at a wide variety of the region's museums; cultural, educational and family-friendly organizations; performing arts and theater venues; and more! Visit WHYY's Member Card Partner Page for the full list.
Not a member? Join today and start taking advantage of these great benefits!
Stay up to date with news that matters most to you! Sign up for free to receive any of our newsletters!