This week, NewsWorks brings you our 50 favorite pictures that appeared on the Northwest Philadelphia pages during 2012.
Think we missed any? Agree or disagree with our unscientific rankings?
Please let us know in the comments or via email (with “Top 50 Photos” in the subject line) and we’ll check out your suggestions.
30. “Mothers In Charge motorcade takes anti-violence message across the city” (Dec. 30, 2011). As the New Year was getting ready to begin, the names of the 300-plus homicide victims in 2011 were read aloud in Germantown. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
29. “Basketball tournament helps Germantown group raise money to help the city’s homeless” (Oct. 2). Despite the fact that Hoops for Homes is a charity event, competition was fierce in some games. (Brad Larrison/for NewsWorks)
28. “A strong turnout at the polls in Northwest Philadelphia” (Nov. 6). Poll workers at Wright’s Barber Shop in West Oak Lane Tuesday afternoon. (Brad Larrison/for NewsWorks)
27. “Hurricane Sandy’s path through Northwest Philadelphia: Day Two” (Oct. 30). Many feared that Tropical Storm Sandy would have a significant impact on the Presidential election. (Brad Larrison/For NewsWorks)
26. “East Oak Lane family loses everything in blaze sparked by Sandy [Video]” (Nov. 2). What was once a stairwell to the third floor now offers a clear view of the skies above. (Brian Hickey/WHYY)
25. “They slept out in the cold Germantown night to raise $55K for homeless youths” (Nov. 16). A volunteer settles in with a few elements of home. (Anna Flint/for NewsWorks)
24. “A night of glamour on the Falls Bridge in East Falls” (Sept. 17). Couples put on the Ritz and glitz for the second annual Dance on the Falls Bridge. The event was put on by the East Falls Development Corporation. (Jana Shea/for NewsWorks)
23. “As MLK High’s Class of 2012 graduates, progress seen at once-troubled school” (June 13). A soon-to-be graduate gets a hug on a rainy afternoon before the start of the Martin Luther King High School graduation ceremony at the Liacouras Center on Tuesday. (Brad Larrison/for NewsWorks)
22. “Spring 2012: One last look” (May 26) Tree leaves look like a rainbow in the sunlight. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
21. “2012 Mt. Airy Night Market photos” (Aug. 16) Thousands came out to Mt. Airy for the second Night Market. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)