Here’s a look at what’s to come this week.
1. Beloved father and employee of Earth, Bread + Brewery Bernard Ray was found fatally shot after his car crashed in three parked vehicles in Hunting Park around 3 a.m. on Jan. 4. Family and friends held a vigil this weekend at the location where the homicide occurred, at Delhi and Butler Streets. We’ll have the full story.
2. G-town Radio together with Germantown Life Enrichment Center and Germantown United CDC has been granted a low power FM signal from the FCC. Check back next week for a look at what this means for the neighborhood.
3. There’s a new exhibit at the Woodmere Art Museum in Chestnut Hill that focuses on the Wissahickon. It will feature photos from a two-day photography workshop that the museum hosted in the fall. Check back for a sneak peek.
4. Mt. Airy USA is a finalist for the Cities Challenge grant from the Knight Foundation. Their grant focuses on creating “immigration innovation hubs” where new residents to the country can go to receive help in turning their ideas for revitalization into reality. Check back to learn about the community development organization’s proposal.
5. MLK Day is Monday and there is a slew of service events throughout Northwest Philly. Check back for a recap of the day.