Here’s a look at what’s to come this week in Northwest Philly.
1. Little Jimmie’s Bake Shop is set to open on Germantown Avenue. Jimmie of Little Jimmie’s Bakery Cafe is expanding his business to open up opportunities for catering, and a fuller dinner and lunch menu. Stay tuned for a full look at what he has planned for his second storefront on the Avenue.
2. After a re-branding effort to drum up business, Cantina Avenida on Germantown Avenue closed. We’ll have a look at what’s slotted to take over the historic building.
3. The Walnut Lane Bridge is slated to be closed for repairs later this year. Check back for a look on what kind of impact it will have on Northwest Philly traffic.
4. Philadelphia University student Amber Long was killed in the middle of a robbery last year. The university has set up a scholarship fund in her memory. Check back for the fully story.
5. G-town Radio together with Germantown Life Enrichment Center and Germantown United CDC has been granted a low power FM signal from the FCC. Check back next week for a look at what this means for the neighborhood.