Alzheimer's Association Delaware Valley Chapter
An alliance of family members and professionals helping people with
Alzheimer's disease and their families through education, advocacy
100 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The Association of Comfort Ministries
Offers "Community Safe Havens," bereavement support groups and grief education.
Catholic Charities Family Resource Center
The Center for Grief and Loss at Samaritan Hospice
Offers a full range of grief support groups for people of all ages suffering the loss of a loved one. The Center also provides no-cost community education programs to schools, churches, synagogues and community groups.
5 Eves Drive, Suite 300
Marlton, NJ 08053
Children of Aging Parents (CAPS)
Provides information and referral services to family caregivers, conducts educational outreach in the community and establishes and facilitates support groups for caregivers.
1609 Woodbourne Road, Suite 302A
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
For families who have experienced the death of a child, offers support groups for parents and siblings (separate groups), weekend workshops (approximately 4 times a year) and resource and referral support to the community.
Christiana Care Health Services
and Leonard Abramson Center for Jewish Life
David Bradley Children's Bereavement Program, Wissahickon Hospice of the University of Pennsylvania Health System
Provides free bereavement support programs to children ages 5-18 who have experienced the loss of a relative, friend or loved one.
(610) 617-2400 or 1-800-700-8807
Offers behavioral health experts and care.
4641 Roosevelt Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19124
The Counseling Center of Holy Redeemer Health System
Offers team of professionals that includes certified marriage and family therapists, pastoral counselors, a licensed psychologist and licensed clinical social workers. Providing comprehensive mental health care, special programs and support groups, and referrals for psychiatric consultation when appropriate.
521 Moredon Road
Holy Redeemer Health System Support Groups
Offers support groups including:
- Support for Spouses,which is held on the third Tuesday of the month from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Senior Health Center at Holy Redeemer, 8580 Verree Road, Philadelphia, offers a supportive environment where men and women who are caring for loved ones can discuss strategies for managing the daily and long-term challenges of caregiving.
- Cancer Support Group -- held on the second Tuesday of the month from 4-6 p.m. at the Cancer Center of Holy Redeemer, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, Meadowbrook, PA -- offers an opportunity for those with cancer (the newly diagnosed, those in treatment and those having completed treatment) to share the impact that cancer makes in their lives.
- Family & Friends Support Group is held on the second Tuesday of the month from 4-6 p.m. at the Cancer Center of Holy Redeemer, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, Meadowbrook, PA. This group meets in conjunction with the cancer support group, for family members, friends, spouses and children of cancer patients.
The Home Care Network's
Caregiver Support Program
Available to patients and families served by Jefferson HomeCARE. Offers more than 80 animated videos designed to assist at-home caregivers with essential skills needed to care for a loved one at home. Video topics include: How to Give a Bed Bath; Home Safety Topics; How to Provide Incontinence Care; How to Safely Transfer a Care Recipient; ADL Care.
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Philadelphia
Offers bereavement groups, individual counseling (during a person's terminal illness and following the terminal illness for bereaved family members), referral to Jewish hospice including a rabbi who visits the home. In some cases the Service can help those with diminished funds locate resources for a funeral and/or grave site.
Telephone (215) 698-4500
St. Francis Hospital
7th and Clayton Streets
Wilmington, DE 19805
Senior Behavioral Health, Mercy Suburban Hospital
Provides assessment and an inpatient treatment program for behavioral disturbances in older adults. A full range of medical care is available for both acute and chronic illnesses.
The Wellness Community of Philadelphia The Suzanne Morgan Center at Ridgeland
Helps people with cancer and their loved ones enhance health and well being through a free professional program of psychological support education and hope. Offers support groups., seminars on treatment, nutrition and exercise classes stress management techniques and social events.
Chamounix Drive, West Fairmount Park,
Philadelphia, PA 19131
(215) 879-7733 or 1-888-819-3553
In Delaware: (302) 656-8410