Leadership Giving: Mercury Society
Members of the Y Circle and the Mercury Society are the distinguished group of leaders who are recognized for their generous annual contributions. The special commitments from those supporters are parallel with WHYY's mission: to make our region a better place, connecting each of us to the world's richest ideas and all of us to each other. Help ensure the vitality of public broadcasting while you enjoy the company of the most interesting people around — your fellow Leadership members — at special events created exclusively for these groups.
About the Mercury Society
Help ensure the vitality of public media while you enjoy the company of the most interesting people around - your fellow Mercury Society members - at special events created exclusively for this select group. As a Mercury Society member, you enjoy benefits that are unique and unparalleled. Meet public broadcasting notables at private receptions. Go behind the scenes during a live broadcast. Enjoy a meal with one of our radio hosts. Attend outstanding cultural performances. Mercury Society membership begins with an annual contribution of $1,200 or more. You receive all the benefits of general and Y Circle membership, plus unique opportunities depending on your level of support.
Mercury Society Enhanced Benefits may include:
- Tickets to performances at area cultural organizations such as the Kimmel Center, the Academy of Music, and The Curtis Institute of Music.
- Opportunities to sit in the control room during broadcast tapings.
- Invitation to the President's annual supporter thank you party.
- "By Invitation Only" events — intimate, small-group evenings at area cultural organizations, private homes and restaurants.
- "Guest Privileges" — opportunities to invite two friends to selected Mercury Society events.
- A private dinner with a WHYY personality, such as Terry Gross or Marty Moss-Coane.
- Concierge access to WHYY staff members for all your membership needs.
- Special recognition as a major donor in the WHYY Annual Report.
For more information on WHYY's giving programs, please contact Fran Orodeckis, Major Gifts Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-928-2447.
More ways to contribute
Gifts of Stocks or Mutual Funds
Using appreciated stock or mutual funds is a tax-wise way to fund your gift to WHYY. Outright gifts of appreciated securities held longer than one year are exempt from capital gains taxes and are deductible at the fair market value at the time of transfer. To avoid exposure to capital gain tax, the stock must be transferred to WHYY. We then sell the stock from our account.
To make a gift of stock now, provide your broker with the following instructions for electronic delivery to WHYY:
Deliver to: DTC#221
Account number: PY28409-1-B7
Account name: WHYY, Inc.
WHYY's Broker: UBS Financial Services, Inc.
1735 Market Street, 36th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103-7501
Please contact Fran Orodeckis, Major Gifts Officer at email@example.com or 215-928-2447 to notify WHYY of the transfer details so that we can properly credit your gift and provide you with a letter for tax purposes.