Whether you’re a recent graduate just entering the workforce or you’ve been on a career path for some time, one thing is certain: it’s not always easy managing the quality of our work and personal lives. More often than not, we find ourselves overbooked in both arenas — to the point of not doing anything the way we really want to — and running out of steam in the process.
Dr. Dan Gottlieb discusses work-life balance–what’s really achievable and what’s satisfying, with guests Julie Cohen and Marty Nemko.
Julie Cohen, PCC is a career and leadership coach in the Philadelphia area. She is the author of Your Work, Your Life, Your Way: 7 Keys to Work-Life Balance.
Marty Nemko, Ph.D. is a career coach, educational psychologist, author, and host of Work with Marty Nemko on NPR affiliate KALW in San Francisco. His most recent book is How to Do Life: What They Didn't Teach You in School.
- Your Work, Your Life, Your Way: 7 Keys to Work-Life Balance by Julie Cohen
- How To Do Life: What they didn't teach you in school by Marty Nemko
- Work + Life by Cali Williams Yost
- Off Balance: Getting Beyond the Work-Life Balance Myth to Personal and Professional Satisfaction by Matthew Kelly
- In Search of Balance: Keys to a Stable Life by Richard A. Swenson, MD
- Life Matters: Creating a Dynamic Balance of Work, Family, Time, & Money by A. Roger Merrill, Rebecca R. Merrill