Dr. Daniel Ames from Columbia Business School did a study recently that asserted that most people don’t know how they come across at work, whether it’s too pushy or too passive. Well what you come across as at work, and whether or not you are an effective leader, or if you are aware of it or not comes down to mindfulness. And we’ll talk about exactly that on this Voices in the Family with Dr. Jane Shure and CEO Sue Schick of United Healthcare. Jane Shure is a co-founder of The Resilience Group and a coach to businesses, teaching employees about their inner coach and how that plays into their resilience – which informs their life at work. She also writes for the Huffington Post. Sue Schick is the CEO of United Healthcare of the Greater Philadelphia Region and the recipient of many awards, including the Paradigm Award. She is a proponent and an example of leadership that involves mindfulness and mindfulness training. She is a CEO as well as a healthcare blogger.
Voices In the Family airs Mondays at noon and is rebroadcast Sundays at 6 a.m. on WHYY-FM
- Disclose or not? Germanwings tragedy brings new attention to mental illness and workplace
- Aetna lowers cost of HIV drugs in wake of pricing controversy
- Philly's bike share program to roll out April 23
- Delaware lawmakers face opposition from former smokers on e-cigarette restrictions
- Tense exchange with Wolf pick to lead Pa. Department of State invokes Gosnell case
When to Listen
For nearly 30 years, Voices in the Family hosts thoughtful discussions dealing with the many aspects of personality, psychology, and inter-personal relationships. Hear Voices in the Family Mondays at noon, with a repeat broadcast Sunday at 6 a.m. Dr. Gottlieb can also be heard on Morning Edition every Monday at 7:33 a.m.