Dr. Daniel Ames from Columbia Business School did a study recently that asserted that most people don’t know how they come across at work, whether it’s too pushy or too passive. Well what you come across as at work, and whether or not you are an effective leader, or if you are aware of it or not comes down to mindfulness. And we’ll talk about exactly that on this Voices in the Family with Dr. Jane Shure and CEO Sue Schick of United Healthcare. Jane Shure is a co-founder of The Resilience Group and a coach to businesses, teaching employees about their inner coach and how that plays into their resilience – which informs their life at work. She also writes for the Huffington Post. Sue Schick is the CEO of United Healthcare of the Greater Philadelphia Region and the recipient of many awards, including the Paradigm Award. She is a proponent and an example of leadership that involves mindfulness and mindfulness training. She is a CEO as well as a healthcare blogger.
Voices In the Family airs Mondays at noon and is rebroadcast Sundays at 6 a.m. on WHYY-FM
- How old is too old? Two ethicists debate quality of life as we age
- Baking as a frontal lobe workout: how scientists use their skills at home
- From 'death sentence' to recovery, pancreatic cancer patient finds new meaning in Thanksgiving
- What to look for in wearable tech this Black Friday
- Are super specialized, highly competitive sports contributing to more ACL tears among kids?
When to Listen
For nearly 30 years, Voices in the Family hosts thoughtful discussions dealing with the many aspects of personality, psychology, and inter-personal relationships. Hear Voices in the Family Mondays at noon, with a repeat broadcast Sunday at 6 a.m. Dr. Gottlieb can also be heard on Morning Edition every Monday at 7:33 a.m.