We sometimes make jokes about compulsive behavior, but the effects can be devastating. While you and I might find shopping pleasurable or a necessary task, people who do this compulsively can sacrifice not only their finances but also their health and relationships.
Dr. Benson is a psychologist who specializes in the treatment of compulsive buying disorder. She’s the author of To Buy or Not to Buy: Why We Overshop and How to Stop and editor of I Shop, Therefore I Am: Compulsive Buying and the Search for Self.
Dr. Aboujaoude is a Stanford University psychiatrist and author. His books include Virtually You: The Dangerous Powers of the e-Personality and Compulsive Acts: A Psychiatrist’s Tales of Ritual and Obsession.
- Spent: Break the Buying Obsession and Discover Your True Worth by Sally Palaian
- I Shop Therefore I Am: Compulsive Buying and the Search for Self by April Benson (guest)
- To Buy or Not to Buy: Why We Overshop and How to Stop by April Benson (guest)
- Born To Spend: Overcoming Compulsive Spending by Gloria Arenson
- Stop Me Because I Can't Stop Myself: Taking Control of Impulsive Behavior by Jon Grant
- Consuming Passions: Help for Compulsive Shoppers by Ellen Mohr Catalano
- Compulsive Acts: A Psychiatrist's Tales of Ritual and Obsession by Elias Aboujaoude (guest)
- Virtually You: The Dangerous Powers of the E-Personality by Elias Aboujaoude (guest)
- Impulse Control Disorders by Elias Aboujaoude (guest)
2 Responses to Compulsive Buying Disorder