Recipe By Chef Chris Koch
This recipe produces a sweet, savory and crunchy salsa. Try it with tortilla chips as a refreshing alternative to a tomato.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 119 Calories; 9g Fat (68.0% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 4mg Sodium. Exchanges: ½ Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 2 Fat.
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 cups fresh watermelon, diced medium
- ½ cup red onion, diced small
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, diced medium
- ½ cup tomato, diced medium
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve cold or slightly warm with your favorite Florida seafood or chicken.