Watermelon, Feta and Olive Salad
Recipe By Chef Chris Koch
This watermelon salad recipe is cool and refreshing, it’s perfect for a summer picnic day. It combines fresh mint and crumbled feta in olive oil.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 151 Calories; 11g Fat (62.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 412mg Sodium. Exchanges: ½ Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 2 Fat.
- ½ pound arugula
- 2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 5 pounds watermelon, cubed
- 7/8 cup kalamata olives
- 2 jalapeño chile pepper – julienned
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1 cup red onion — slice thin, soak in ice water for 30 min
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes — juiced
- 1. In a bowl, combine the greens. Mix well and portion onto plates.
- 2. Wipe out the bowl. Place the watermelon, olives and jalapeno in the bowl. In a small bowl, combine the oil and lime juice and pour over melon mix. Stir carefully to combine and portion onto greens reserving liquid at bottom.
- 3. Divide the feta among the plates and drizzle with reserved juices.