Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Walnuts are considered a super food. On this Meatless Monday serve this pesto on your favorite whole wheat pasta and feel super in several ways.
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pinch dried chile flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place the walnuts and herbs in the bowl of a food processor or mixer. Pulse until ingredients are crumbly.
- 2. Add the oil in a steady stream while the machine is running and then add the lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings. Keeps for several days in the refrigerator.