Veggie-Cheddar Naked Quiche
Recipe By Tracee Yablon-Brenner
Since the kids will be involved in the preparing of the naked quiche the likelihood of them experimenting with trying new vegetables is great. The veggies look so vibrant in the quiche. You can also simply make one with onions and cheese and have them add one of their favorite veggies.
Serving Size: 1/4
Preparation Time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking Time: 30 minute(s)
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 203 Total Fat 13.8g Saturated Fat 5.6g Cholesterol 281.7mg Sodium 492.3mg Total Carbohydrate 6.5g Dietary Fiber 1.4g Sugars 3.7g Protein 13.4g.
Serves 4 people
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup, chopped onions
- 1½ cups cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli or a combo chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup milk 2%, skim, rice or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt, table
- ¼ teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish or 8-9 inch pie pan with olive oil or butter. Spread onions evenly throughout casserole dish and put it in the oven while you are preparing the other ingredients.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk.
- 4. Take the dish out of the oven using oven mitts. Spread cauliflower and cheese evenly throughout casserole dish. Pour mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until vegetables are cooked and casserole is golden brown. Refrigerate in a sealed container for 2-3 days.