Vegetable Fried Rice
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
To make light work of this recipe, buy your vegetables sliced and use prepared packaged frozen brown rice.
Makes 4 side-dish servings
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup Chinese long beans or fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced bok choy
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper cut into pieces
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Trim stems from mushrooms and discard. Slice mushrooms; set aside.
- 2. Heat broth in a large, nonstick wok or skillet. Add beans, bok choy, carrots, ginger, and garlic to wok; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Add green onions, red pepper, and sprouts to wok; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add mushrooms to wok; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 5. Add rice, soy sauce, and water to wok; cook for 2 minutes more or until heated through.