Vegetable Fried Rice
Recipe By Katie Cavuto Boyle RD
Think peas and carrots are same-old same-old? Dress them up with some Asian flavors and brown rice!
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 4 cups chilled cooked brown rice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1. Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add vegetables and garlic; stir-fry until tender.
- 2. Add cooked rice; stir-fry 2 minutes. Push rice mixture to sides of pan, forming a well in center.
- 3. Add egg to center of pan, and let cook 30 seconds; toss with rice, and stir-fry until egg is cooked through.
- 4. Add the soy sauce, stock and peas. Combine and cook until heated through. Serve.