Turkey Chili (From “Seinfield” Soup Nazi)
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
If you are going to a potluck party, this dish is best made a day ahead to let the flavors blend. It also doubles easily if your party is a hungry lot.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. In large heavy pot, heat the oil & brown the turkey. Pour off any excess fat.
- 2. Add onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato puree, chili powder, oregano, cumin and red pepper; cover.
- 4. Simmer for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.