Tuna and Tahini Dip
Recipe By Lari Robling
I’ve been making this dish to raves for many, many years. In fact, for so many that I have no recollection of where it originated. While it sounds like an improbable combination, the fish and sesame paste have a natural affinity for one another. Use whole wheat pita crisps for dippers or stuff it into pita triangles. While you can blend this by hand, I find a small food processor makes quick work and a light texture.
- One 6 ounce can tuna, drained
- 6 tablespoons tahini, divided
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 medium onion cut into thin slices and browned in a small amount of oil
- 1. Blend together the tuna, 3 tablespoons of the tahini and lemon juice. Depending on how much juice you have, add one to two tablespoons of water.
- 2. Place mixture into a small dish and spread remaining tahini over the top. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and caramelized onions.