Tossed Hearts of Romaine with Peppers and Honey-Lemon Dressing
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
The easiest way to roast a pepper is to place a whole pepper under the broiler until the skin blisters and chars on one side, then rotate it around until the entire pepper is blackened. Put it in a paper bag and close it, allowing the pepper to steam for 5 minutes. Remove charred black skin.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ each of green, yellow, red bell pepper, refrigerate unused portion for topping a pizza or adding to a sandwich.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1. Thoroughly whisk together the lemon juice, honey and rosemary.
- 2. Cut the base end off of the romaine hearts, separate the leaves, then wash and dry them thoroughly.
- 3. Place the leaves and peppers in a mixing bowl with the dressing to coat them completely.
- 4. To serve stack the romaine leaves on individual plates in crosswise layers. Top each serving with any remaining peppers that do not cling to the leaves.