Thai Cabbage Salad
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Look for local cabbage coming into the farmers’ markets!
- 1 head of Napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 hot peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 stick of lemon grass, finely minced, don’t use the top third part
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. Cut cabbage into quarters, lengthwise. Trim the core off. Slice the quarters.
- 2. Toss with kosher salt and place in a colander and let drain for a couple hours.
- 3. Place in a glass bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate. Best to use after a couple of hours or the next day.