Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This Mediterranean salad is easier to make than you’d imagine.
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 2/3 of a cup of bulgur wheat
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 of a cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons of finely chopped fresh mint
- 1. Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour in enough hot water to cover it completely. Let it soak for 20 minutes, then drain in a colander lined with a double thickness of dampened cheesecloth.
- 2. Wrap the bulgur in the cheesecloth and squeeze it until all extra moisture is removed.
- 3. Put the bulgur in a dry bowl and add the tomatoes, parsley, onions, lemon juice and salt and toss gently but thoroughly with a fork.
- 4. Just before serving, stir in the olive oil and mint and taste for seasoning.