Recipe By Recipe.com
Here’s a way to serve up good nutrition and savings. Find a recipe, and input your zip code to source your ingredients with competitive pricing.
Nutritional Information: Calories 224, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 68mg, Sodium 527mg, Carbohydrate 6g, Fiber 1g, Protein 24g. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Makes 8 servings
For the Chicken:
- 1 container (8 ounces) low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (bout 1-1/2 pounds total)
For the Tomato-Mozzarella Topping:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, cut into 16 wedges
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 piece (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- 1. Chicken: In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and the 3 tablespoons vinegar until well blended. In a plastic food-storage bag, combine the chicken and yogurt mixture; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a broiler, or prepare an outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat a gas grill to medium-hot.
- 3. Tomato-Mozzarella Topping: In large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion; sauté for 5 minutes or until slightly softened; the wedges will fall apart into pieces. Add the ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and the water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook until the liquid has reduced to a sauce and onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- 4. Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mozzarella and chopped basil.
- 5. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Gently rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 6. Broil or grill chicken about 4 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 170°F on instant-read thermometer. Place chicken on large platter. Scoop ¼ cup topping on each chicken piece. Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature.