Spinach, Shiitake and Tofu Soup
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Change this recipe up for more flavor by using five spice baked tofu or make it heartier with the addition of buckwheat noodles.
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 8 ounces of spinach, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces of tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch-dice
- 4 ounces of shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Pour the stock into a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 2. Add the spinach, tofu, mushrooms, and ginger, return to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
TIP: For extra umami character, add a few dashes of fish sauce.