Spanish Style Garlic Soup
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Garlic lore says it wards off vampires and colds. In any event, this soup is delicious.
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 ounce Serrano ham
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Peel garlic and roughly chop.
- 2. Heat oil in a saucepan. When oil is hot, add garlic and bread cubes and saute until lightly browned.
- 3. Add stock, salt, pepper and paprika, and simmer covered for 5-10 minutes until bread looks like it is dissolving.
- 4. To serve, put the soup in 4 oven-safe dishes and crack an egg into each dish. Place the dishes in a pre-heated 350° oven and bake until the eggs are set.