Spaghetti with Pecorino and Pepper
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Sometimes the best of comfort foods is the simplest. Use the best freshly grated cheese you can buy and pass a little extra at the table.
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 pound of dried spaghetti
- ¼ of a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of freshly grated pecorino cheese, such as romano
- Coarse, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling water. As the pasta softens, stir to prevent it from sticking together. Cook it until it is tender, but firm to the bite, al dente.
- 2. Carefully drain the pasta, leaving a few drops of water clinging to the spaghetti.
- 3. Pour the oil into a large, warmed bowl. Add the pasta, cheese, and plenty of coarse black pepper, and toss to blend.
- 4. Divide the pasta among warmed shallow soup bowls, and serve at once.